IAA prize for first articles after the Ph.D.
The IAA awards a prize for the best first article written after the Ph.D. Please observe the following rules and regulations (see also the IAA website: Prizes & Subsidies):
1. The article should be available in one of the official RAI languages, French, German or English.
2. The article should be published or should have been accepted in final form for publication within the last two years and no more than five years after the PhD.
3. Applicants must be members of the IAA.
4. A person can apply only once. There is no age limit.
5. The winner receives €1,000, the runner-up will receive €250.
1. The committee will consist of three persons, one from the IAA Board and two from among the other members of the IAA.
2. The committee members will serve for three years, after which a new committee will be chosen.
1. Articles should be delivered as a PDF with embedded fonts to the IAA Office in Leiden no later than March 1. The office shall then forward them to the committee members before March 10.
2. The three members of the committee will evaluate the articles and make a preliminary ranking.
3. The committee will submit its selection report to the IAA Board no later than May 1.
4. During the following Rencontre the conclusions will be discussed at the Board meeting.
5. The prizes will be awarded during the general meeting.
Please send your article to:
International Association for Assyriology
c/o Prof. Dr. W.H. van Soldt
Email: w.h.van.soldt at hum.leidenuniv dot nl